Followers

Sunday, October 20, 2013

New Challenge #55 at Glitter n Sparkle


Hi-di-hi all,
Well eventually I think my life might calm down 
from all this craziness eventually. 
Yes I still have family with me, 
but I have escaped one Mad house (!) 
and gone to look after my Grandma 
for the weekend while my Parents are away.
Aww I love her to bits and there is nothing that 
I wouldn't do for her.
So for this weeks challenge I had to get it all 
finished quick sharpish. 
I went  to my weekly card class, 
yes.. with my suitcase in tow (haha) 
then jumped staright on the train.
For all you die hard crafters out there,
you will understand the need 
for crafting before all else.

Anyways to get on, 
this weeks Theme at Glitter n Sparkle is:-
Halloween 

For my project I used the 
Bobble-head Halloween Devil digi stamp 
from Bugaboo (one of our sponsors)

This week I decided because it was so close 
and the Theme is Halloween 
I would make a cute little 
Trick or Treat bag.

To start off with I used an empty ear-bud carton.
First of all I cut a strip of Plain Black Card
(my stash),
and on top of that I layered a nice 
Red String Ribbon (my stash),
with double-sided sticky tape.
I then bent it over and Glued it into place 
(using UHU Glue), 
to make the handle of my Bag.
I then cut a length off an A4 piece of 
Shiny Red Paper (my stash),
 slightly wider than the container 
and again glued it to the inside. 
I then turned the over hang over the top 
and glued into place.
Next using a Plain Red Card, 
I cut a length from A4, 
the same width as the container 
and glued that around the outside,
(making sure that it covered the 
overhang from the inside).

Using an X-Cut Bloom die-cut 
on the same Plain Red Card,
I chose one slightly bigger than the bottom 
of the container and glued into place.
Using the Sizzix Circle #2, 
I die-cut out a circle to fit inside the container 
from Pearl Black Paper (Ross Paper).
Then using 2 of the Sizzix Circle die cuts together 
I die-cut out a circle rim to go 
on the top of the container,
(also in the Pearl Black Paper).


To use the Digi Image I had so much fun.
The name gave me an idea that I just had to do.
So to start with 
I coloured it in using my Promarker Pens.
Then I cut out the Image and 
backed it onto some more of 
my Plain Black Card.
I then Decoupage it up on the Body and the star,
But the Head I had to make special,
so I set it with a Mini Card Spring
 ( Docraft Papermania),
and now it "Bobbles" about.


And to finish it all off, 
I added some Holographic Gold Glitter 
to the Star and Swirl,
some Holographic Silver Glitter 
to the Trident,
some Red Glitter 
to his Cape and Horns,
and some Black Glitter
to his shoes, hair and other highlights.

(The chocolates I added and had to fight hard to keep, just so I could take a picture.)

I'd like to enter this in the following challenges :- 

No comments:

Post a Comment