Followers

Sunday, October 04, 2015

New Challenge #157 at Glitter N Sparkle - Card 2

My Second Card,
Due to unforeseen circumstances 
I was asked to cover this Image,
for another member of my DT team.

I was so lucky to be able to work with
another of Ike's lovely Images.
Here is my Card.

The Theme at
Anything Goes

Our Sponsors this week are:-

Ike's Art who are offering
3 Images from their store.

Pattie's Creations who are offering
2 Images from their store.

Crafty Sentiments who are offering
3 Images from their store.


Julia Spiri who are offering
2 Images from their store.

My Project this
week is:-
Canada Bundle Digi Stamp
from Ike's Art
(One of our sponsors)

To begin with I used an A4 Sheet of Red Card
(stash)
which I folded in half to make a Rectangle Base Card.
And layered it up with a piece of Dark Green Stripe Embossed Paper
(stash)

This bundle has a collection of Images on it, 
so I choose to use the Background, Circle Stamp, 
the Mountie, and I used the Flag twice 
(though I flipped one of them)Next I printed off the Images
  on White DC Paper
And coloured it in using my Promarker Pens
Satin
Putty
Blush
Dusky Rose
Tan
Sandstone
Shale
Walnut
Lipstick Red,
Poppy
Berry Red
Cool Grey 1
Cool Grey 3
Cool Grey 5
Black
Metallic Gold

Then I fussy cut the Mountie and both the Flags out.

To give the Flags a bit of 3D 
I used my embossing pencil to
 highlight the creases and made it 'Wave'

On the Background I gave it a light
waterwash of colour
using my new Bruynzeel Aquarel Pencils
Light Ultramarine - 77
Ice Green - 68
Olive Green - 63
Dark Green - 61
Light Grey - 73
Dark Grey - 74

Then I went around the Edge with the 
Berry Red Promarker Pen.

For the Stamp Die-Cut it out with a Circle Die
(Sizzix)
and again went around the edge 
with the Berry Red Pen.

And finally I Die-cut out the Letters
 to make the word 'Canada'
using Red Pearlised Paper
(Ross Papers)
and the Alphabet Nouveau Die's
(Sizzix).


I'd like to enter this Card in the
following Challenges:-
A Bit More Time To Craft - #5 - ATG
Crafting With An Attitude - #8 - ATG
Crafty Girlz - #6 - ATG
Lil Patch Of Crafty Friends - #19 - ATG
Opus Gluei - #212 - Thanksgiving In Canada

7 comments:

  1. Oh, I wish I had realized it, Sam, I could have done this one for you as I ended up using one of my own from Ike - since I hadn't requested one. Nevertheless, your card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally AWESOME - he looks very cool on there :-) This is a fantastic card.
    Thank you for using my images and it was a pleasure to Sponsor you :-D

    Hugz
    IKE xx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!! Thank you for sharing your talent with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends challenge #19.. Hope to see you again in our next challenge.. and good luch at the draw.. <3

    hugs,
    ~RoRa

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great background and that Mounties got a bit a six pack. Great card. Thank you for joining us at Crafting with An Attitude. Helen DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, thanks for sharing at Crafty Girlz!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card Sam! I love that picture and the image is awesome! Very creative!

    I am having a blog celebration; with lots of prizes. I would love for you to join as a follower (if not already), comment on my blog celebration post and add your blog to Mr. Linky. I am already a follower of your blog.

    Thanks so much for joining our Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge. We hope to see you again in the next challenge. Good luck in the challenge. Hugs, Gloria DT

    http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great design and perfect for our Opus Gluei theme of Canadian Thanksgiving! Talk about getting inspired and running with it, you have captured not only motifs o Canada but also the beautiful outdoors that is synonymous with Canada. Well done, and thank you for playing with us at Opus Gluei, I hope we get you back for more challenges with us!

    ReplyDelete