Followers

Sunday, August 02, 2015

Challenge #147 at Glitter N Sparkle

Here is my next card,
Well when I saw this Image and the theme for this week,
all I got in my head was this certain song going round and round.


Fields of Gold - Sting

I think it is so apt,
so I based my card around it.
Hope you like it.

The Theme at
Something Beginning With B
Blue, Brown, Barley, Birds, Burlap

My Project this
week was:-
Love's Garden Digi Stamp
from Stitchy Stamps at 
Stitchy Bear Digi Outlet
(one of our sponsors)

To begin with I used a Pre-cut Square Kraft Card
(stash).
Then I cut out a square of Mid Blue Card
(stash).
Next I found this gorgeous Picture 
of a Barley Field on the Internet
(Fields of Gold - Richard Hurst)

Next I printed the Image out
4 Times
1 on Blue Striped Paper,
1 on Brown Flower Strip Paper,
(both from my Scrap Box)
and 2 on White DC Paper.
On the White Paper
I coloured it in
using my Promarker Pens
                                                           Putty                  - Skin
                                                           Antique Pink     - Lips/Rose/Seed Packet
                                                           Gold                    - Straw
                                                           Sunflower          - Straw
                                                           Sandstone          - Hat Band
                                                           Cinnamon          - Ribbons
                                                           Walnut               - Wood 
                                                           Forest Green    - Leaves/Watering Can
                                                           Blue Pearl          - Collar
                                                           China Blue         - Neck Tie/Pockets
                                                           Royal Blue         - Neck Tie/Hat/Dress Cuffs
                                                           Warm Grey 4    - Tools
                                                           Warm Grey 5    - Tools
                                                           Black                   - Tools

Then I did a bit of Piece Cutting,
1st I cut out the Dress and the Hat from the Blue Paper,
then I cut out the Apron from the Brown Paper.
and from 1 of the White Images I cut out the Hat Band,
Face and Collar, Watering Can, and the Pockets.
Once I had reassembled all the Pieces in the right places
on the last Image,
I fussy cut it out.

Next for my Sentiment, I took a Quote from the Song
(Fields of Gold - Sting)
which I printed off from my computer 
in Blue.
I cut it out and backed it with a piece of Burlap
(found in my Sewing Box),
with some strands placed across the corners.

To finish it off I Stamped out 2 Birds
(Fairy Bell Collection - Jodie Lee)
in Tuxedo Black Ink
(Memento)
And coloured them with 
Cinnamon and Walnut Promarker Pens.
Then cut them out and placed them on the Card.


I'd like to enter this Card in the
following Challenges:-

Crafts Galore Encore - August - ATG

Creative Ladybirds Creations - #6 - ATG
Stitchy Bear Digi Outlet - FB - August - ATG
Sugar And Betty - August - ATG

2 comments:

  1. Hi this is a fantastic card. Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge 20 Anything Goes. Hugs Jackie DT

    ReplyDelete