Followers

Friday, June 26, 2015

Challenge #136 at Glitter N Sparkle

Oh Wow,
So sorry I have got behind in my postings,
I have been frantically revising and doing my work for college.
The exams got put back but they are all done and finished now.
I was so happy I passed with flying colours.
When it comes to exams I get so flustered and usually forget everything lol.
But not this time, so now I am just waiting for my Certificate to arrive.

So now it is time to do my badly needed catching up.
Please bear with me as I  put all the new and waiting posts up for you all.

The Theme at
Embossing, Dry or Heat

My Project was:-
Cleopatra Digi Stamp
from Spellbinding Stamps
(one of our sponsors)

To start with I used an A4 Sheet of Plain White Card
(stash)
which I folded In half and cut to make a Square Card
Then I cut out some Gold Paper
(stash)
which I cut to fit inside the White Square.
I then Embossed it using Vintage Decor Embossing Folder
(Vintage Floral Collection - CC).
I then Punched the corners out 
using Lace 3in1 Corner Punch
(Fiskars)

Next I printed the Image out
  on White DC Paper
and coloured it in
using my Promarker Pens


                                                            Ivory            - Marble Column,
                                                            Vanilla          - Skin,
                                                            Satin             - Skin,
                                                            Dusky Pink  - Cheeks,
                                                            Pastel Beige - Curtains,
                                                            Dusky Rose  - Lips,
                                                            Poppy            - Gems,
                                                            Coral              - Pot,
                                                            Honeycomb  - Pot,
                                                            Apple             - Eyes,
                                                            Pastel Blue    - Floor,
                                                            Denim Blue   - Floor,
                                                            Royal Blue     - Necklaces, Tail Band, Waist Belt
                                                            Cool Grey 1   - Cat,
                                                            Cool Grey 2   - Cat,
                                                            Cool Grey 4   - Cat,
                                                            Black              - Hair,

                                             Gold Metallic Gel Pen - Necklaces, Tail Band, Waist Belt, 
                                                                                       Top of Skirt

I then Die-Cut the Image out,
using Rectangle Parenthesis 1 
(X-Cut).
Then I added Holographic Embossing Powder to the Dress
(Papermania)
and Heat Embossed it with glue.
Then for a 3D effect I added
2mm Red Rhinestones to 
Cleopatra's  Waist Belt and Necklace
and a 2mm Red Square Gem.
And to both Necklaces I added 3x1mm Red Rectangle Gems
(All Gems from stash)

For my Sentiment I Heat Embossed the

 'Enjoy Your Special Day' Stamp
(Foxtrot - Yvette Jordan - Kanban)
using Watermark Ink
(Versamark)
and Gold Embossing Powder
( Papermania)
I then Die-Cut it out using Apothecary Accents
(Stampin' Up)
2 6mm Red Rhinestones at each rounded end.
I went around the edge with Colonial Metallic Rub-on
(Earth Tones #2 - Craf-T Products),
to make it 'pop' 
And used Foam Squares
 to add it to the Card

Finally I Handmade my Bow 

using Holographic Gold Ribbon
(Boyes Haberdashery).

I'd like to enter this Card in the
following Challenges:-
Alphabet Challenge - J is for Jewels

1 comment:

  1. I love your design, Samantha - great choice of image. Thanx for sharing with us at the Alphabet Challenge.
    Hugz, Jan (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete